Crisis Support For Homeless Families
So many of you have reached out with offers of assistance and support for the families with whom we work directly, and it has been incredibly rewarding to receive your reassurance that we’re in this together.
Currently, Horizons for Homeless Children is responding to the needs of families in the following ways:
- Providing gift cards to families so they can buy food while in shelter. We typically provide breakfast, lunch and snacks to the children in our centers so it’s imperative that we ensure they continue to have access to food.
- Helping families purchase diapers and other necessities that they can no longer afford if they lose their jobs.
- Our team of Family Advocates are connecting with families daily to identify their needs and share trustworthy sources of assistance while serving as a confidante and advisor for their family’s decision making.
- Keeping playrooms in more than 90 shelters open and stocked with toys and cleaning supplies so children living in shelter have access to a safe place to play.
- Continuing to pay our teachers and family advocates during disruption of our operations to minimize impact on their families.
All of us are facing the stresses and uncertainty of adjusting to these challenging times, but none more than families living in shelter. They need us now, more than ever.