The Board of Directors has identified the following goals that reflect the objectives set out by their commitment statement.
- Commit to continuous dialogue and have one Board meeting each year dedicated to DEI training.
- Collect data annually (surveys, focus groups, etc.) both at the Board and organizational level to develop a clear understanding of issues and opportunities to advance our DEI work.
- Annually review Board makeup to identify gaps (race, ethnicity, cultures, sexual orientation, age, faith, socio-economic factors) and proactively address the gaps identified.
- Actively encourage Board Members to help source and retain Board and Advisory Council prospects by building networking relationships that support our DEI goals and objectives.
- Periodically join Employee Resource Group events/meetings to share our collective DEI commitment and gain deeper appreciation for the employee experience at Horizons.
- Monitor progress of the Board and the organization as they identify opportunities to advance DEI objectives each year.