An Award Winning Night
by Molly Murphy, Marketing Coordinator
Last week, we held our annual employee recognition event to honor our driven and dedicated staff. The newly renamed event, Horizons Heroes Night, featured exciting additions and surprises for employees to enjoy.
Horizons’ very own Greg Bien-Aime worked as emcee of the event, and kicked it off with an entertaining performance that carried on throughout the night. Greg works at Horizons as a floating teacher for all three education centers, where he is as much fun in the classroom as he is on stage. Fun continued for staff when they took pictures at a photo booth and voted among each other for superlative award winners.
Horizons for Homeless Children’s Board Chair, Matt Epstein, and CEO, Kate Barrand, went on to proudly thank employees for their hard work and achievements. An award ceremony concluded the evening to honor members of the staff that went above and beyond for the organization in the past year. Awards given were based on different categories, including Horizons’ core values and a dedication to the organization’s founder.
A complete list of the night’s awards and recipients can be found below:
- Collaborative – Rachel Schlacter
- Inclusive (tie) – Anilda Pinto and Diana Rodriguez
- Innovative (tie) – Ayesha Rodriguez and Travis Henderson
- Passionate (tie) – Emily Levine and Meagan Seaman
- Teacher of the Year – Beth Phillips
- Rookie of the Year – Amber Bonchuk
- Best Supporting Team Member (tie) – Kara Beauchemin and Frank Theodat
- Best Team – Core Values Team: Steffi Wright, Sunday Taylor, Jessica Grant, Meghan Schaefer, Ken Ouellette, Jayd Rodrigues, Rachel Schlacter
- Sue Heilman – Fatima Gondres
Join our amazing team today! Check out our career openings and make a difference in the lives of homeless children.
Published on October 4, 2016