Periodically Horizons invites the media on our campus to cover stories related to our work. The Marketing & Communications department has established the following guidelines for arranging interviews, videotape sessions, or photo opportunities.
- Please call the Communications office at 617-553-5415 to arrange all interviews or background conversations with any member of Horizons staff. We track all inquiries from the media, and when appropriate, can provide additional sources for your story.
- Reporters are asked to use the complete name of the organization – Horizons for Homeless Children – when referring to the organization in a print or broadcast story. ‘Horizons’ for short may be used subsequently.
- We ask reporters to identify Horizons for Homeless Children staff by their name and title at Horizons in stories.
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary so we can arrange for a room for interviews or shoots, notify the areas involved and line up the appropriate participants for your story.
- To protect the privacy of children and families, a representative from the Communications office must accompany all reporters, film crews and photographers on our campus or in one of our Playspaces.
- Photo consent forms are maintained by the Communications office for all children receiving services from Horizons and any media coverage must adhere to any related limitations.