The Benefits of
Working at Horizons
Playfulness happens at work and beyond the workday, as demonstrated by the team photo above taken at our Horizons’ Heroes Night, which was a ‘Roaring 20’s’ themed recognition and awards celebration of our exceptional employees. At Horizons, we’re focused on building a community and environment where employees feel valued for their talents, appreciated for their contributions and invested in ways that are meaningful to their careers and personal well-being. We offer our staff competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentives to help build our passionate and playful team.
Below are some of our core benefit offerings. Additional information is provided throughout the hiring process.
Health & Wellness
- Medical – 70% paid health insurance and deductible coverage
- Dental – 75% paid dental insurance
- Vision – choice of two affordable plans that provide coverage for eye exams and pays benefits toward the cost of glasses or contact lenses.
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short– and Long-Term Disability – 100% paid
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax savings on health and dependent care expenses
- Voluntary supplemental insurance options that include accident, life, and critical illness
- Well-Being Help Center – free and confidential employee assistance program that offers professional support on topics ranging from counseling, financial resources, legal help and more. Multi-lingual support is available 24 hours a day by phone or email
- 5 paid sick days per year available on January 1
- Paid parental leave days for welcoming a new child into your immediate family through birth or adoption
- Vacation – 17 days paid time off per year during first two years (22 days after two years, 27 days after 5 years), 5-day rollover allowance year to year. Days are pro-rated for full-time employees working a regular schedule of fewer than 40 hours per week
- Holidays off – 12 paid annual holidays
- January: New Year’s Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February: President’s Day
- April: Patriot’s Day
- May: Memorial Day
- June: Juneteenth
- July: Independence Day
- September: Labor Day
- October: Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- November: Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving
- December: Christmas Day
- Retirement Savings – 403(b) retirement savings plan options with 50% match up to 2%, subject to annual approval by Horizons’ Board of Directors
- Commuter Benefits with a maximum pre-tax election of $270 per month
- Discounts on pet insurance, mobile phones plans, movie tickets, travel, restaurants and more for being a member of our team
- Referral Bonuses for current staff and hiring incentives for teachers
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per fiscal year for education and coursework directly related to your current position
Learn about our state-of-the-art early education center which opened in Roxbury in early 2021. All employees have the benefit of working in this brand new, thoughtfully designed space created for early education and family support.