The Benefits of
Working at Horizons
Playfulness happens at work and beyond the workday, as demonstrated by the team photo above taken at our Horizons’ Heroes Night, which was a ‘Roaring 20’s’ themed recognition and awards celebration of our exceptional employees. At Horizons, we’re focused on building a community and environment where employees feel valued for their talents, appreciated for their contributions and invested in ways that are meaningful to their careers and personal well-being. We offer our staff competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentives to help build our passionate and playful team.
Below are some of our core benefit offerings. Additional information is provided throughout the hiring process.
Health & Wellness
- Medical – 70% paid health insurance and deductible coverage
- Dental – 75% paid dental insurance
- Vision – choice of two affordable plans that provide coverage for eye exams and pays benefits toward the cost of glasses or contact lenses.
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short– and Long-Term Disability – 100% paid
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax savings on health and dependent care expenses
- Voluntary supplemental insurance options that include accident, life, and critical illness
- Well-Being Help Center – free and confidential employee assistance program that offers professional support on topics ranging from counseling, financial resources, legal help and more. Multi-lingual support is available 24 hours a day by phone or email
- 5 paid sick days per year available on January 1
- Paid parental leave days for welcoming a new child into your immediate family through birth or adoption
- Vacation – 17 days paid time off per year during first two years (22 days after two years, 27 days after 5 years), 5-day rollover allowance year to year. Days are pro-rated for full-time employees working a regular schedule of fewer than 40 hours per week
- Holidays off – 12 paid annual holidays
- January: New Year’s Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February: President’s Day
- April: Patriot’s Day
- May: Memorial Day
- June: Juneteenth
- July: Independence Day
- September: Labor Day
- October: Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- November: Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving
- December: Christmas Day
- Retirement Savings – 403(b) retirement savings plan options with 50% match up to 2%, subject to annual approval by Horizons’ Board of Directors
- Commuter Benefits with a maximum pre-tax election of $270 per month
- Discounts on pet insurance, mobile phones plans, movie tickets, travel, restaurants and more for being a member of our team
- Referral Bonuses for current staff and hiring incentives for teachers
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per fiscal year for education and coursework directly related to your current position
Great things are on the Horizons! Learn about our state-of-the-art early education center opening in Roxbury in early 2021. All employees will have the benefit of working in a brand new, thoughtfully designed space created for early education and family support.